- Locate a flat, dry surface of the appropriate size for your heat mat.
- Avoid cold surfaces, and they will counteract the heating ability of the heat mat.
- Plug the heat mat's electrical cord into a standard 110-volt outlet.
- Place a propagation tray or other plant container on the heat mat.
- For best results, cover seedlings/cuttings with a humidity dome.
- Avoid the heat mat to be submerged in water or any liquid. Liquid droplets are fine but submerging it isn't.
- Don't place the heat mat on or under any other heating, warming or insulating device.
- Don't place the heat mat on rough or pointed surfaces, as this can damage it